Gator Gallop a Huge Success

Snow, sleet, and rain couldn’t put a damper on Greenwood’s yearly fundraiser. We appreciate everyone flexibility in moving the event to Sunday, and though we are still calculating our earnings, we are tracking to net even more profit than last year. Since 90 percent of all of these proceeds benefit the Greenwood School, and the other 10 percent is given to the Wakefield Educational Foundation, we couldn’t be more excited for all of your efforts.

A special thank you to all of the volunteers who spent countless hours over the last few months planning, fundraising, soliciting raffle items, organizing bib packets and bags, and finally, fiercely rescheduling all our vendors in just a day. We also thank Boston Marathon legend Bobbi Gibb, and recognize the incredible support of our sponsors, whose financial and in-kind contributions made the race possible.

Congratulations to our 5K winners, and our student one mile winners:

  • K: Luciana Taranto and Michael Walsh

  • Grade 1: Paloma Morse and Kestrel Sheau

  • Grade 2: Gloria LeBlanc and Michael Taranto

  • Grade 3: Liza Bangston and Will Baldwin

  • Grade 4: Celia LeBlanc and Kevin DeGray

  • Spirit award: Lisa Koplik, RaeAnn Williams and George Carroll